INDIA: S Kumars sets up unit to drive overseas growth
Textile and apparel firm S Kumars Nationwide Ltd today (17 June) said it has set up an acquisition unit to drive its growth in international markets.
The company says it is also studying potential acquisition opportunities in Europe and North America.
Key targets are firms operating in fashion and design led activities rather than low cost commodity lines, which would generate business opportunities for S Kumars' garment, home textile and high value cotton divisions.
The holding and acquisition unit, SKNL International, will be based in the Netherlands.
Until now S Kumars Nationwide has focused on sales in the domestic Indian market, which have helped build the recognition and market share of brands such as Reid & Taylor.
Ailing value fashion retailer Mark One has changed hands again, with 85 of its 125 stores being sold to Internacionale Retail Limited, a rival discount fashion chain....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack