BANGLADESH: Safety Accord issues inspection standards
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh has finalised the fire, electrical, and building inspection standards against which all its member supplier factories will be assessed.
The standards are largely based on the Bangladesh National Building Code and are the result of discussions between the Accord, the National Tripartite Plan of Action, and the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety (Alliance).
Results of the inspections and information on necessary remediation will be published on the Accord website.
The standards cover general building requirements, fire protection construction, fire protection systems, building materials, structural design, construction practices and safety, alterations/change of use, existing buildings, and human element programmes (which include evacuation plans, storage practices, and fire protection equipment.)
Click here to see the full scope of the building standards.
Bangladesh's ready-made garment exports are continuing to soar, rising by nearly 14% in the just-finished fiscal year as political stability returns to the South Asian country....
Inditex was founded in 1963 by Amancio Ortega Gaona. The group opened its first Zara shop in 1975 in A Coruna, Spain. Inditex was established as the head of the corporate group in 1985. The group witn...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include June's UK clothing retail prices falling to their lowest level since 2006, Inditex renewing an agreement to monitor its supply chain, and a look a...
Apparel industry poster child Inditex continues to grow from strength to strength on account of its hit fast fashion business model. Having been quick off the mark to escape its home of recession-hit ...
Inditex S.A. (ITX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalDa...
Benetton Group SpA is currently focusing on investing in marketing efforts within Italy, aligning its image and advertising with various social causes. This means that the company’s communication focu...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Ultrasonic execs disappear along with company cash
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details