BANGLADESH: Safety Accord issues inspection standards
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh has finalised the fire, electrical, and building inspection standards against which all its member supplier factories will be assessed.
The standards are largely based on the Bangladesh National Building Code and are the result of discussions between the Accord, the National Tripartite Plan of Action, and the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety (Alliance).
Results of the inspections and information on necessary remediation will be published on the Accord website.
The standards cover general building requirements, fire protection construction, fire protection systems, building materials, structural design, construction practices and safety, alterations/change of use, existing buildings, and human element programmes (which include evacuation plans, storage practices, and fire protection equipment.)
Click here to see the full scope of the building standards.
Bangladesh's ready-made garment exports are continuing to soar, rising by nearly 14% in the just-finished fiscal year as political stability returns to the South Asian country....
Inditex was founded in 1963 by Amancio Ortega Gaona. The group opened its first Zara shop in 1975 in A Coruna, Spain. Inditex was established as the head of the corporate group in 1985. The group witn...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include June's UK clothing retail prices falling to their lowest level since 2006, Inditex renewing an agreement to monitor its supply chain, and a look a...
Apparel industry poster child Inditex continues to grow from strength to strength on account of its hit fast fashion business model. Having been quick off the mark to escape its home of recession-hit ...
Inditex S.A. (ITX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalDa...
Benetton Group SpA is currently focusing on investing in marketing efforts within Italy, aligning its image and advertising with various social causes. This means that the company’s communication focu...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report