USA: Safeway's Burd Joins Kohl's Board
The board of directors at specialty department store Kohl's Corp has elected Steven A Burd as a director. Burd is chairman, president and chief executive officer of Safeway Inc, a $34 billion food and drug retailer, based in Pleasanton, California. "Steve's broad retail expertise and experience in leading a successful, high-growth company makes him a valuable addition to our board," said Larry Montgomery, chief executive officer of Kohl's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores