USA: Safeway's Burd Joins Kohl's Board
The board of directors at specialty department store Kohl's Corp has elected Steven A Burd as a director. Burd is chairman, president and chief executive officer of Safeway Inc, a $34 billion food and drug retailer, based in Pleasanton, California.
"Steve's broad retail expertise and experience in leading a successful, high-growth company makes him a valuable addition to our board," said Larry Montgomery, chief executive officer of Kohl's.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Shoe company Steven Madden Ltd says third-quarter profit is likely to exceed forecasts on better-than-anticipated sales in both wholesale and retail as well as gross margin growth....
Specialty department store operator Kohl's Corporation has unveiled a set of financial objectives and growth strategies for the next five years....
Department store retailer Kohl's Corp says second-quarter net income jumped 27.4 per cent as new brands went down well in stores....
Footwear group Steven Madden Ltd has named Awadhesh Sinha chief operating officer as of 1 July....
Family-focused retailer Kohl's Corporation has revealed plans to launch Polo Ralph Lauren's Chaps brand for women and boys in all stores and on Kohls.com....
Steven Douglass, chairman and chief executive officer of family footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource Inc, leaving the company with Matthew Rubel due to take over his responsibilities as CEO....
Mid-price department store chain Kohl's Corporation said first-quarter net income rose 10 per cent on both net sales and same-store sales growth....
Family retailer Kohl's Corporation has signed a license agreement with boadriding brand Quiksilver Inc for a range of Tony Hawk-branded clothing....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report