UK: Sainsbury's extends Gok Wan partnership
Sainsbury's has extended its partnership with TV fashion stylist Gok Wan for another year as its Gok for Tu range was the retailer's most successful clothing collaboration.
Wan will design a further five clothing ranges, including an autumn and winter ranges. Gok's fifth collection, which includes 35 pieces ranging from GBP20 (US$32.11) for a top to GBP65 for a trench coat, is available in over 200 Sainsbury's stores.
The winter range, which features classic separates and Christmas party dresses, will be available in stores from November.
James Brown, head of clothing at Sainsbury's said: "The Gok collection really complements our Tu womenswear offer, helping to drive awareness of the wider Sainsbury's clothing range."
Last week, the retailer booked a 4.3% rise in second-quarter sales as its clothing business continues to grow fast than its food division.
The most read stories on just-style this week include Sainsbury's revealing its general merchanside and clothing business is growing faster than its food division, Lululemon Athletica warning it may l...
UK supermarket operator Sainsbury's has said that its general merchandise and clothing business is growing at nearly three times the rate of food. ...
Marks & Spencer has seen its share price shoot up this morning following rumours that the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) is planning an GBP8bn bid for the UK retailer. ...
UK retailer Monsoon Accessorize has appointed former George at Asda and Marks & Spencer executive Kevin Rusling as its international director. ...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide