UK: Sainsbury's extends Gok Wan partnership
Sainsbury's has extended its partnership with TV fashion stylist Gok Wan for another year as its Gok for Tu range was the retailer's most successful clothing collaboration.
Wan will design a further five clothing ranges, including an autumn and winter ranges. Gok's fifth collection, which includes 35 pieces ranging from GBP20 (US$32.11) for a top to GBP65 for a trench coat, is available in over 200 Sainsbury's stores.
The winter range, which features classic separates and Christmas party dresses, will be available in stores from November.
James Brown, head of clothing at Sainsbury's said: "The Gok collection really complements our Tu womenswear offer, helping to drive awareness of the wider Sainsbury's clothing range."
Last week, the retailer booked a 4.3% rise in second-quarter sales as its clothing business continues to grow fast than its food division.
The most read stories on just-style this week include Sainsbury's revealing its general merchanside and clothing business is growing faster than its food division, Lululemon Athletica warning it may l...
UK supermarket operator Sainsbury's has said that its general merchandise and clothing business is growing at nearly three times the rate of food. ...
Marks & Spencer has seen its share price shoot up this morning following rumours that the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) is planning an GBP8bn bid for the UK retailer. ...
UK retailer Monsoon Accessorize has appointed former George at Asda and Marks & Spencer executive Kevin Rusling as its international director. ...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras