UK: Sainsbury's extends Gok Wan partnership
Sainsbury's has extended its partnership with TV fashion stylist Gok Wan for another year as its Gok for Tu range was the retailer's most successful clothing collaboration.
Wan will design a further five clothing ranges, including an autumn and winter ranges. Gok's fifth collection, which includes 35 pieces ranging from GBP20 (US$32.11) for a top to GBP65 for a trench coat, is available in over 200 Sainsbury's stores.
The winter range, which features classic separates and Christmas party dresses, will be available in stores from November.
James Brown, head of clothing at Sainsbury's said: "The Gok collection really complements our Tu womenswear offer, helping to drive awareness of the wider Sainsbury's clothing range."
Last week, the retailer booked a 4.3% rise in second-quarter sales as its clothing business continues to grow fast than its food division.
The most read stories on just-style this week include Sainsbury's revealing its general merchanside and clothing business is growing faster than its food division, Lululemon Athletica warning it may l...
UK supermarket operator Sainsbury's has said that its general merchandise and clothing business is growing at nearly three times the rate of food. ...
Marks & Spencer has seen its share price shoot up this morning following rumours that the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) is planning an GBP8bn bid for the UK retailer. ...
UK retailer Monsoon Accessorize has appointed former George at Asda and Marks & Spencer executive Kevin Rusling as its international director. ...
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts