UK: Sainsbury's signs two-year Gok Wan deal
Gok Wan's first Tu collection launched in October 2011
Sainsbury's has extended its partnership with TV fashion stylist Gok Wan for another two years as it reveals its clothing business is growing at around 10% year-on-year.
Under the new deal, Wan will direct a further 12 collections for women under the Gok for Tu brand. His first launched in October 2011 and his most recent will launch tomorrow (25 February).
"The Gok for Tu collections have played an important part in the success of our clothing business," said James Brown, Sainsbury's clothing director. "Our partnership with Gok works because we share a passion for producing clothes which make women feel great. He works closely with our in-house team of designers on every detail, from the sketches, fabric, sourcing and manufacturing."
Last month, Sainsbury's achieved "record" levels of market share for its general merchandise and clothing business over the Christmas period, but reported flat like-for-like group sales.
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
As the mind-set of the recession continues, women’s outerwear is responding by heavily promoting good value, with brands such as Primark, F&F, George, New Look, H&M and Sainsbury’s women’s Tu range, a...
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; international trade policy...
The report is a result of extensive research to provide a comprehensive understanding of the global private label market and packaging consumption; this clearly establishes market trends, packaging dy...
The UK retailing industry registered positive growth in 2013 despite the fact that the economic climate in the country remained challenging as consumer spending habits remained under the influence of ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- JC Penney to close 10 Foundry stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead