UK: Sainsbury's signs two-year Gok Wan deal
Gok Wan's first Tu collection launched in October 2011
Sainsbury's has extended its partnership with TV fashion stylist Gok Wan for another two years as it reveals its clothing business is growing at around 10% year-on-year.
Under the new deal, Wan will direct a further 12 collections for women under the Gok for Tu brand. His first launched in October 2011 and his most recent will launch tomorrow (25 February).
"The Gok for Tu collections have played an important part in the success of our clothing business," said James Brown, Sainsbury's clothing director. "Our partnership with Gok works because we share a passion for producing clothes which make women feel great. He works closely with our in-house team of designers on every detail, from the sketches, fabric, sourcing and manufacturing."
Last month, Sainsbury's achieved "record" levels of market share for its general merchandise and clothing business over the Christmas period, but reported flat like-for-like group sales.
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; international trade policy...
The UK retailing industry registered positive growth in 2013 despite the fact that the economic climate in the country remained challenging as consumer spending habits remained under the influence of ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019