UK: Sainsbury's signs two-year Gok Wan deal
Gok Wan's first Tu collection launched in October 2011
Sainsbury's has extended its partnership with TV fashion stylist Gok Wan for another two years as it reveals its clothing business is growing at around 10% year-on-year.
Under the new deal, Wan will direct a further 12 collections for women under the Gok for Tu brand. His first launched in October 2011 and his most recent will launch tomorrow (25 February).
"The Gok for Tu collections have played an important part in the success of our clothing business," said James Brown, Sainsbury's clothing director. "Our partnership with Gok works because we share a passion for producing clothes which make women feel great. He works closely with our in-house team of designers on every detail, from the sketches, fabric, sourcing and manufacturing."
Last month, Sainsbury's achieved "record" levels of market share for its general merchandise and clothing business over the Christmas period, but reported flat like-for-like group sales.
One of the biggest challenges - and opportunities - facing the apparel industry in 2015 is how best to embrace the omni-channel retail model, improve the shopping experience, and respond with new supp...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts