USA: Saks Announces Top Promotions
Retailer Saks announced three promotions to executive vice president, effective immediately. G. William Franks has been named to the post of EVP and CIO, succeeding Dan Smith, who retired from that same post on January 31, 2001. Franks will report directly to Jim Coggin, president and chief administrative officer of the company. Franks joined Saks Incorporated in June 2000 as senior vice president and associate chief information officer and has thirty years of experience in the field of information technology. Prior to joining Saks, he held IT management positions at other major consumer corporations, including Neiman Marcus, where he most recently served as chief information officer, and at Pepsico/Frito Lay.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022