US: Saks appoints LaPorte as new controller
US retailer Saks has announced the appointment of Ernest LaPorte as senior vice president and controller of Saks Fifth Avenue (SFA).
He will be based in New York City and report to SFA's chief financial and administrative officer, Michael Archbold.
LaPorte, who has over 20 years of finance and accounting experience in a range of industries, will assume his new role by August 2007. He has served as vice president of finance and principal accounting officer of Movado Group since February 2005.
Saks is currently in the process of consolidating a number of its finance and executive functions into the existing Saks Fifth Avenue home offices in New York City from Birmingham, Alabama. The consolidation process should be completed by the end of the second fiscal quarter of 2007.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Department store operator Saks Inc has narrowed its second quarter net loss to US$24.6m on the back of increased sales....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' July 2007 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Icelandic investment group Baugur has bought an 8% stake in US department-store giant Saks Fifth Avenue for roughly $243m, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) statement obtained by...
Music-driven fashion firm Lyric Jeans has entered into a licensing agreement with FremantleMedia, co-producer and licensor for US singing contest American Idol....
Fashion chain Jaeger yesterday (27 June) unveiled a 45% rise in full year earnings, ending years of losses and heralding the group's repositioning as a luxury British brand, and announced plans to lau...
Nelson Suriel has joined Charles G Bailey, the new designer men's wear collection being offered by Ben and Isaac Greszes, as president of sales, a new post....
Shares of Charming Shoppes dropped 5.6% in Nasdaq trading Monday (25 June) after the women's specialty retailer reduced its second quarter earnings guidance and replaced the head of its Lane Bryant un...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May 2007 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective