USA: Saks Buys Two Montgomery Ward Stores
Retailer Saks Incorporated today announced it has acquired two store locations from Montgomery Ward & Co. The company has purchased the 91,400 sq ft Apache Mall store in Rochester, Minnesota and the 148,900 sq ft Bay Park Square store in Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin (metropolitan Green Bay). The Apache Mall location will be renovated and opened as a Carson Pirie Scott store in fall 2002. The company will open a Younkers store in the Bay Park Square centre at a date yet to be determined, either in late 2002 or in 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Tailored Brands, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth