USA: Saks Buys Two Montgomery Ward Stores
Retailer Saks Incorporated today announced it has acquired two store locations from Montgomery Ward & Co. The company has purchased the 91,400 sq ft Apache Mall store in Rochester, Minnesota and the 148,900 sq ft Bay Park Square store in Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin (metropolitan Green Bay). The Apache Mall location will be renovated and opened as a Carson Pirie Scott store in fall 2002. The company will open a Younkers store in the Bay Park Square centre at a date yet to be determined, either in late 2002 or in 2003.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020