USA: Saks Chief Moves To Goody's
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc, (Nasdaq/NM:GDYS) today announced the appointment of Max W. Jones to the position of executive vice president, merchandising, effective immediately. Jones joins Goody's after serving as president and chief executive officer of Herberger's Department Store, a division of Saks Incorporated, since 1998. Prior to assuming leadership at Herberger's, he served three years as general merchandise manager for Proffitt's department store, also a division of Saks Incorporated, where he oversaw the merchandising of the men's, shoes, home, children's and intimate apparel departments. "We are elated to have attracted the level of experience, talent and industry insight that Max brings to the table," said Robert M. Goodfriend, chairman and chief executive officer. "He's a great addition to our management team as we continue to work toward strengthening our company's sales and profitability."At Goody's, Jones will assume full leadership of the company's merchandising organization, responsible for more than $1bn in annual sales volume. He will report to Mr. Goodfriend. With headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, Goody's is a retailer of moderately priced family apparel operating 297 stores in the 17 states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020