USA: Saks Chief Moves To Goody's
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc, (Nasdaq/NM:GDYS) today announced the appointment of Max W. Jones to the position of executive vice president, merchandising, effective immediately. Jones joins Goody's after serving as president and chief executive officer of Herberger's Department Store, a division of Saks Incorporated, since 1998. Prior to assuming leadership at Herberger's, he served three years as general merchandise manager for Proffitt's department store, also a division of Saks Incorporated, where he oversaw the merchandising of the men's, shoes, home, children's and intimate apparel departments. "We are elated to have attracted the level of experience, talent and industry insight that Max brings to the table," said Robert M. Goodfriend, chairman and chief executive officer. "He's a great addition to our management team as we continue to work toward strengthening our company's sales and profitability."At Goody's, Jones will assume full leadership of the company's merchandising organization, responsible for more than $1bn in annual sales volume. He will report to Mr. Goodfriend. With headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, Goody's is a retailer of moderately priced family apparel operating 297 stores in the 17 states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack