USA: Saks Chief Moves To Goody's
Goody's Family Clothing, Inc, (Nasdaq/NM:GDYS) today announced the appointment of Max W. Jones to the position of executive vice president, merchandising, effective immediately. Jones joins Goody's after serving as president and chief executive officer of Herberger's Department Store, a division of Saks Incorporated, since 1998. Prior to assuming leadership at Herberger's, he served three years as general merchandise manager for Proffitt's department store, also a division of Saks Incorporated, where he oversaw the merchandising of the men's, shoes, home, children's and intimate apparel departments. "We are elated to have attracted the level of experience, talent and industry insight that Max brings to the table," said Robert M. Goodfriend, chairman and chief executive officer. "He's a great addition to our management team as we continue to work toward strengthening our company's sales and profitability."At Goody's, Jones will assume full leadership of the company's merchandising organization, responsible for more than $1bn in annual sales volume. He will report to Mr. Goodfriend. With headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee, Goody's is a retailer of moderately priced family apparel operating 297 stores in the 17 states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report