US: Saks Direct names Burgess as president
Upscale retailer Saks has appointed Michael Burgess as president of Saks Direct.
Burgess will report into Denise Incandela, executive vice president and chief marketing officer for Saks Fifth Avenue, and current president of Saks Direct. He will take up his new role in May.
Burgess most recently served as executive vice president of the consumer division of retail florist FTD at United Online. He previously held various positions at Teleflora and Crossworlds Software.
Steve Sadove, chairman and CEO of Saks, said: "Michael is a proven leader with a terrific track record of industry-leading performance.
"His experience as a business operator in strategically growing online organizations makes him a great fit for this important role. He will be a strong partner to Denise Incandela and the rest of the team at Saks."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
US footwear and apparel company The Jones Group has appointed Kathy Nedorostek to the newly-created position of group president of global footwear and accessories....
US department store operator Saks has announced it will officially open its distribution and fulfilment facility in LaVergne, Tennessee on 7 September. ...
Retail group Saks posted a second quarter net loss of US$12.3m after being impacted by exceptional items, but saw its underlying losses also widen in comparison with last year....
Sycamore Partners has completed the acquisition of troubled women's wear chain The Talbots and appointed a new executive management team. ...
Perry Ellis International subsidiary PEI Licensing has signed a license agreement with The Kersheh Group division Vayola to design, manufacture and distribute Laundry by Shelli Segal branded sleepwear...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis