US: Saks Direct names Burgess as president
Upscale retailer Saks has appointed Michael Burgess as president of Saks Direct.
Burgess will report into Denise Incandela, executive vice president and chief marketing officer for Saks Fifth Avenue, and current president of Saks Direct. He will take up his new role in May.
Burgess most recently served as executive vice president of the consumer division of retail florist FTD at United Online. He previously held various positions at Teleflora and Crossworlds Software.
Steve Sadove, chairman and CEO of Saks, said: "Michael is a proven leader with a terrific track record of industry-leading performance.
"His experience as a business operator in strategically growing online organizations makes him a great fit for this important role. He will be a strong partner to Denise Incandela and the rest of the team at Saks."
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
US footwear and apparel company The Jones Group has appointed Kathy Nedorostek to the newly-created position of group president of global footwear and accessories....
US department store operator Saks has announced it will officially open its distribution and fulfilment facility in LaVergne, Tennessee on 7 September. ...
Retail group Saks posted a second quarter net loss of US$12.3m after being impacted by exceptional items, but saw its underlying losses also widen in comparison with last year....
Sycamore Partners has completed the acquisition of troubled women's wear chain The Talbots and appointed a new executive management team. ...
Perry Ellis International subsidiary PEI Licensing has signed a license agreement with The Kersheh Group division Vayola to design, manufacture and distribute Laundry by Shelli Segal branded sleepwear...
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- US Q1 in brief: Skechers, Steve Madden
- Bangladesh remediation delays "unacceptable"
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange