KAZAKHSTAN: Saks expands with first store
US fashion retailer Saks Inc has opened its first Saks Fifth Avenue store in Kazakhstan, as it tries to tap into the region's growing demand for luxury products.
The 91,000 sq st store, which spans three floors in the Esentai Shopping Mall in Almaty, has been set up under a licensing deal with Viled Group. It sells men's and women's designer apparel, children's wear, intimate apparel and accessories, with brands including Christian Louboutin, Alexander Wang, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren.
"We are confident that the residents of and visitors to the country will be pleased with the beautiful store, the wonderful and distinctive merchandise selections, and the exemplary service offered by Saks Fifth Avenue," said Stephen Sadove, chairman and CEO of Saks Inc.
Upscale department store retailer Saks Fifth Avenue is to revamp its private men's wear label by adding new lines, new designers and new stores....
Product Provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online consumer shopping, covering drivers of online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 25 product categories) and revie...
US upscale department store operator Saks Inc has admitted its full year results were below expectations as a result of macroeconomic concerns and Hurricane Sandy....
Saks boss Stephen Sadove has been elected as the new chairman of the National Retail Federation's (NRF) board of directors and executive committee....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy