KAZAKHSTAN: Saks expands with first store
US fashion retailer Saks Inc has opened its first Saks Fifth Avenue store in Kazakhstan, as it tries to tap into the region's growing demand for luxury products.
The 91,000 sq st store, which spans three floors in the Esentai Shopping Mall in Almaty, has been set up under a licensing deal with Viled Group. It sells men's and women's designer apparel, children's wear, intimate apparel and accessories, with brands including Christian Louboutin, Alexander Wang, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren.
"We are confident that the residents of and visitors to the country will be pleased with the beautiful store, the wonderful and distinctive merchandise selections, and the exemplary service offered by Saks Fifth Avenue," said Stephen Sadove, chairman and CEO of Saks Inc.
Upscale department store retailer Saks Fifth Avenue is to revamp its private men's wear label by adding new lines, new designers and new stores....
US upscale department store operator Saks Inc has admitted its full year results were below expectations as a result of macroeconomic concerns and Hurricane Sandy....
Saks boss Stephen Sadove has been elected as the new chairman of the National Retail Federation's (NRF) board of directors and executive committee....
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015