KAZAKHSTAN: Saks expands with first store
US fashion retailer Saks Inc has opened its first Saks Fifth Avenue store in Kazakhstan, as it tries to tap into the region's growing demand for luxury products.
The 91,000 sq st store, which spans three floors in the Esentai Shopping Mall in Almaty, has been set up under a licensing deal with Viled Group. It sells men's and women's designer apparel, children's wear, intimate apparel and accessories, with brands including Christian Louboutin, Alexander Wang, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren.
"We are confident that the residents of and visitors to the country will be pleased with the beautiful store, the wonderful and distinctive merchandise selections, and the exemplary service offered by Saks Fifth Avenue," said Stephen Sadove, chairman and CEO of Saks Inc.
Upscale department store retailer Saks Fifth Avenue is to revamp its private men's wear label by adding new lines, new designers and new stores....
US upscale department store operator Saks Inc has admitted its full year results were below expectations as a result of macroeconomic concerns and Hurricane Sandy....
Saks boss Stephen Sadove has been elected as the new chairman of the National Retail Federation's (NRF) board of directors and executive committee....
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead