KAZAKHSTAN: Saks expands with first store
US fashion retailer Saks Inc has opened its first Saks Fifth Avenue store in Kazakhstan, as it tries to tap into the region's growing demand for luxury products.
The 91,000 sq st store, which spans three floors in the Esentai Shopping Mall in Almaty, has been set up under a licensing deal with Viled Group. It sells men's and women's designer apparel, children's wear, intimate apparel and accessories, with brands including Christian Louboutin, Alexander Wang, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren.
"We are confident that the residents of and visitors to the country will be pleased with the beautiful store, the wonderful and distinctive merchandise selections, and the exemplary service offered by Saks Fifth Avenue," said Stephen Sadove, chairman and CEO of Saks Inc.
Upscale department store retailer Saks Fifth Avenue is to revamp its private men's wear label by adding new lines, new designers and new stores....
US upscale department store operator Saks Inc has admitted its full year results were below expectations as a result of macroeconomic concerns and Hurricane Sandy....
Saks boss Stephen Sadove has been elected as the new chairman of the National Retail Federation's (NRF) board of directors and executive committee....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis