US: Saks Fifth Avenue to open store in Kazakhstan
Up-scale department store retailer Saks Inc is to open a Saks Fifth Avenue store in Almaty, Kazakhstan next year through a licensing deal with local retailer Viled Fashion.
The 91,000 square foot store will be located in the Esentai Shopping Mall. Due to open in August next year, the shop will include apparel for women and men as well as shoes, jewellery, accessories, handbags, fragrances, cosmetics, intimate apparel and children's apparel.
"We are so excited to bring our first store to this part of the world and believe that Almaty, Kazakhstan, with its rapidly expanding affluent population, will be a great fit for Saks Fifth Avenue," said Saks chairman and CEO, Stephen Sadove.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2011 sales results....
Growth in US same-store sales appeared to cool in October as weather and economic malaise weighed on retailers, putting extra pressure on businesses as they transition into the crucial holiday season....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' October 2011 sales results....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020