USA: Saks Finalises Sale Of Proffitt's Stores To Belk Inc
Retail group Saks Incorporated has finalised its deal to sell the leasehold interests and certain fixtures and equipment of four of its subsidiary Proffitt's North Carolina stores to retail chain Belk Inc.
Belk will assume the leases on the properties in Greenville, Rocky Mount, Kinston and Goldsboro.
George Jones, president and chief executive officer of Saks Department Store Group, said that the company was constantly evaluating its portfolio of locations and was acting to concentrate its resources on the best-performing stores. He added: "This action is consistent with that strategy."
Proffitt's approximately 300 associates throughout the four stores will either be offered transfer opportunities, be given opportunities for open store position interviews, or will be receive severance packages.
Saks Incorporated operates its 241-strong Saks Department Store Group chain under the names of Parisian, Proffitt's, McRae's, Younkers, Herberger's, Carson Pirie Scott, Bergner's, and Boston Store and 38 Club Libby Lu specialty stores. The Company also operates Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises.
Belk Inc is a 220-store retailer selling mid-priced brand-name and private-label apparel, shoes, cosmetics, gifts, and home furnishings.
Department store operator Bon-Ton Stores Inc is considering forming a buyout consortium with private equity companies in order to acquire upmarket store chain company Saks Inc, according to a report f...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of large-scale retailer Saks Incorporated, has announced plans to expand its existing 47,000 square foot Saks Fifth Avenue store in the Waterside Shops in Nap...
Department store operator Saks Inc is to close its private-label apparel business in order to focus on higher-priced designer brands....
US retail group Saks Inc says it is carrying out a more intensive investigation than initially planned into vendor payments at its Saks Fifth Avenue division....
US retailer Saks Inc, which last week announced the sacking of three senior executives in connection with illicit markdowns, is being sued by a former licensee for the Oscar de la Renta brand for impr...
Retail group Saks Incorporated has promoted Kevin Wills to the position of executive vice president of finance and chief accounting officer of the company....
Department store group Saks Inc has fired its chief accounting officer along with other top executives following an internal probe into illicit vendor payments. The investigation discovered that a tot...
Fabric developer Outlast Technologies Inc has named Dr Patrick Gruber as its president and chief executive officer, replacing George Cattermole, who is retiring from the position....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020