US: Saks general merchandise head Boitano to step down
Joseph Boitano joined Saks in 1999
US-based luxury retailer Saks Fifth Avenue has confirmed its general merchandise manager, Joseph Boitano, is to step down.
Saks, recently purchased by Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company, said no replacement has been named for Boitano.
It is understood he will leave at the end of the month to "pursue some additional ideas".
Boitano joined Saks in 1999 and was appointed to his current role in 2007 for which he is responsible for Sak's designer and contemporary businesses.
Hudson's Bay completed its US$2.9bn acquisition of Saks in November last year.
The deal will create a leading upscale North American fashion retail business focused on the Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor and Saks Fifth Avenue brands. The combined company will operate 320 stores as well as three e-commerce sites.
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company swung to a profit in its first-quarter after its acquisition of Saks last year more than doubled retail sales....
Hudson's Bay Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service off...
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has appointed Paul Beesley as its new chief financial officer....
The company’s strategic aim is to continue focusing on department stores and its flagship Hudson’s Bay brand across Canada, with particularly strong support for the top 10 outlets with highest volume ...
The Hudson’s Bay Co is directing its focus on the company’s department store retail segment and its flagship, The Bay, stores across Canada. These have been undergoing changes to attract more affluent...
In Canada, the apparel and footwear market saw modest growth overall, with dollar value unfavourably affected by retail competition and expanding online options that frequently feature price promotion...
Over the review period, apparel specialist retailers became increasingly polarised as competition intensified with low-end retailers now able to compete on quality and style as well as price. At the s...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey