US: Saks general merchandise head Boitano to step down
Joseph Boitano joined Saks in 1999
US-based luxury retailer Saks Fifth Avenue has confirmed its general merchandise manager, Joseph Boitano, is to step down.
Saks, recently purchased by Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company, said no replacement has been named for Boitano.
It is understood he will leave at the end of the month to "pursue some additional ideas".
Boitano joined Saks in 1999 and was appointed to his current role in 2007 for which he is responsible for Sak's designer and contemporary businesses.
Hudson's Bay completed its US$2.9bn acquisition of Saks in November last year.
The deal will create a leading upscale North American fashion retail business focused on the Hudson's Bay, Lord & Taylor and Saks Fifth Avenue brands. The combined company will operate 320 stores as well as three e-commerce sites.
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has appointed retail veteran Gerald Storch as chief executive....
Hudson's Bay Company (HBC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by ...
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has narrowed its net loss in the third quarter and reaffirmed its guidance for the full year....
The company’s strategic aim is to continue focusing on department stores and its flagship Hudson’s Bay brand across Canada, with particularly strong support for the top 10 outlets with highest volume ...
Canadian department store operator Hudson's Bay Company has outlined a US$1.25bn refinancing plan that will allow it to improve and renovate its Saks flagship store....
The Hudson’s Bay Co is directing its focus on the company’s department store retail segment and its flagship, The Bay, stores across Canada. These have been undergoing changes to attract more affluent...
In Canada, the apparel and footwear market saw modest growth overall, with dollar value unfavourably affected by retail competition and expanding online options that frequently feature price promotion...
The most notable trend in the market is the growing competition in the childrenswear segment. With more retailers and brands focusing on this area of the industry, companies have to develop clearly de...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019