USA: Saks Makes Key Appointment
Retail giant Saks Inc has appointed Karolyn Wangstad senior vice president of product differentiation and trend merchandising for Saks Department Store Group (SDSG).
She has previously held trend merchandising and product development positions for Payless Shoe Source, Montgomery Ward, and The Cato Corporation.
SDSG president and CEO, George Jones, said: "Karolyn is truly one of the greatest talents in our industry when it comes to the art of recognising trends and developing them into differentiated products that produce substantial sales volume.
"Karolyn will be at the heart of our strategic initiative of product differentiation, and I am confident that her expertise will greatly contribute to our future success."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of retail group Saks Incorporated, has named Thomas Matthews group senior vice president of asset protection and operations for Saks Fifth Avenue....
Department store operator Bon-Ton Stores Inc is considering forming a buyout consortium with private equity companies in order to acquire upmarket store chain company Saks Inc, according to a report f...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of large-scale retailer Saks Incorporated, has announced plans to expand its existing 47,000 square foot Saks Fifth Avenue store in the Waterside Shops in Nap...
Department store operator Saks Inc is to close its private-label apparel business in order to focus on higher-priced designer brands....
US retail group Saks Inc says it is carrying out a more intensive investigation than initially planned into vendor payments at its Saks Fifth Avenue division....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The growing importance of Russia and the Middle East as major markets for UK fashion and accessories was highlighted at last week's presentation in London of the 2004 UK Fashion Export Awards, with Mu...
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar