US: Saks opens e-commerce distribution centre in Tennessee
US department store operator Saks has announced it will officially open its e-commerce distribution and fulfilment facility in LaVergne, Tennessee on 7 September.
The site occupies approximately 564,000 square feet and will fulfil orders for saks.com. It employs approximately 250 full-time staff and uses a sophisticated mobile-robotic fulfilment system.
"In order to support our omni-channel strategy and our continued sales growth, we realized that we would need additional distribution and fulfilment capacity beginning in 2012, said chairman and CEO Steve Sadove.
"Middle Tennessee was selected for its central location, attractive real estate and operating costs, and very capable workforce. We are most appreciative of Gov. Haslam and the various state and local leaders that worked together so diligently to make this possible. We are also very thankful for our great team of associates that are assuring the centre operates efficiently and provides exceptional service to our customers, day-in and day-out."
US upscale department store operator Saks Inc has admitted its full year results were below expectations as a result of macroeconomic concerns and Hurricane Sandy....
Saks boss Stephen Sadove has been elected as the new chairman of the National Retail Federation's (NRF) board of directors and executive committee....
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- New US tariff classifications impact woven apparel
- US strengthens cooperation with East Africa