US: Saks opens e-commerce distribution centre in Tennessee
US department store operator Saks has announced it will officially open its e-commerce distribution and fulfilment facility in LaVergne, Tennessee on 7 September.
The site occupies approximately 564,000 square feet and will fulfil orders for saks.com. It employs approximately 250 full-time staff and uses a sophisticated mobile-robotic fulfilment system.
"In order to support our omni-channel strategy and our continued sales growth, we realized that we would need additional distribution and fulfilment capacity beginning in 2012, said chairman and CEO Steve Sadove.
"Middle Tennessee was selected for its central location, attractive real estate and operating costs, and very capable workforce. We are most appreciative of Gov. Haslam and the various state and local leaders that worked together so diligently to make this possible. We are also very thankful for our great team of associates that are assuring the centre operates efficiently and provides exceptional service to our customers, day-in and day-out."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US upscale department store operator Saks Inc has admitted its full year results were below expectations as a result of macroeconomic concerns and Hurricane Sandy....
Saks boss Stephen Sadove has been elected as the new chairman of the National Retail Federation's (NRF) board of directors and executive committee....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report