USA: Saks Signs Up Gruen To Head Parisian Department Store Group
Rob Gruen has a retail background spanning 28 years. Gruen has served as executive vice president of Warner Bros consumer products since 1997, with responsibility for all marketing, promotions, and retail business development, as well as for all marketing, e-commerce, and catalogue strategies for Warner Bros Studio Stores. He joined Warner Bros Consumer Products in 1994 as senior vice president of retail business development and was subsequently promoted to senior vice president of worldwide marketing and retail business development.
From 1991 to 1994, Gruen held executive posts with Roses Stores and was a key member of the management team instrumental in developing and implementing the turnaround strategy that successfully guided Roses through bankruptcy reorganisation and returned it to profitability. Prior to that, he held key management positions in a wide variety of merchandising areas with Dayton Hudson Department Stores, Target, and Foley's.
George Jones, president and CEO of Saks Department Store Group, said: "I am extremely pleased to welcome Rob as the president and CEO of our Parisian business. I believe there are numerous opportunities to grow revenues and improve the operations of Parisian. I am confident, that with Rob's leadership, we will realise our potential."
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of retail group Saks Incorporated, has named Thomas Matthews group senior vice president of asset protection and operations for Saks Fifth Avenue....
Department store operator Bon-Ton Stores Inc is considering forming a buyout consortium with private equity companies in order to acquire upmarket store chain company Saks Inc, according to a report f...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of large-scale retailer Saks Incorporated, has announced plans to expand its existing 47,000 square foot Saks Fifth Avenue store in the Waterside Shops in Nap...
Department store operator Saks Inc is to close its private-label apparel business in order to focus on higher-priced designer brands....
US retail group Saks Inc says it is carrying out a more intensive investigation than initially planned into vendor payments at its Saks Fifth Avenue division....
US retailer Saks Inc, which last week announced the sacking of three senior executives in connection with illicit markdowns, is being sued by a former licensee for the Oscar de la Renta brand for impr...
Retail group Saks Incorporated has promoted Kevin Wills to the position of executive vice president of finance and chief accounting officer of the company....
Department store group Saks Inc has fired its chief accounting officer along with other top executives following an internal probe into illicit vendor payments. The investigation discovered that a tot...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020