US: Saks to add new distribution facility
Retail group Saks is to build a new distribution hub in Tennessee this year, adding to its existing centres in Maryland and California.
The new 564,000sq ft facility at LaVergne, near Nashville, will be equipped with the mobile-robotic fulfilment system already used in the company’s Maryland hub.
The centre is due to be operational by August 2012 and, ultimately, will employ more than 250 full-time staff.
“In order to support our omni-channel strategy and our continued sales growth, some time ago we recognised that we would need additional distribution and fulfilment capacity, beginning in 2012,” said Stephen Sadove, Saks chairman and CEO.
“Middle Tennessee is a great fit for our new facility and was selected for its central location, attractive real estate and operating costs, and very capable workforce.”
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results. ...
Sycamore Partners has completed the acquisition of troubled women's wear chain The Talbots and appointed a new executive management team. ...
Perry Ellis International subsidiary PEI Licensing has signed a license agreement with The Kersheh Group division Vayola to design, manufacture and distribute Laundry by Shelli Segal branded sleepwear...
Luxury women's fashion brand Alberto Makali has selected NGC's Global Enterprise Suite as an integrated solution for PLM and ERP to help support its global growth....
Online luxury retailer Bluefly has today (12 June) named former Saks Fifth Avenue and LVMH executive Scott Erdman as its new senior vice president of merchandising....
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Dick's Sporting Goods updates on strategy
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost