US: Saks to add new distribution facility
Retail group Saks is to build a new distribution hub in Tennessee this year, adding to its existing centres in Maryland and California.
The new 564,000sq ft facility at LaVergne, near Nashville, will be equipped with the mobile-robotic fulfilment system already used in the company’s Maryland hub.
The centre is due to be operational by August 2012 and, ultimately, will employ more than 250 full-time staff.
“In order to support our omni-channel strategy and our continued sales growth, some time ago we recognised that we would need additional distribution and fulfilment capacity, beginning in 2012,” said Stephen Sadove, Saks chairman and CEO.
“Middle Tennessee is a great fit for our new facility and was selected for its central location, attractive real estate and operating costs, and very capable workforce.”
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results. ...
Sycamore Partners has completed the acquisition of troubled women's wear chain The Talbots and appointed a new executive management team. ...
Perry Ellis International subsidiary PEI Licensing has signed a license agreement with The Kersheh Group division Vayola to design, manufacture and distribute Laundry by Shelli Segal branded sleepwear...
Luxury women's fashion brand Alberto Makali has selected NGC's Global Enterprise Suite as an integrated solution for PLM and ERP to help support its global growth....
Online luxury retailer Bluefly has today (12 June) named former Saks Fifth Avenue and LVMH executive Scott Erdman as its new senior vice president of merchandising....
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- New loan deal to help upgrade Bangladesh factories
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard