USA: Saks To Manage Inventory Under Spotlight
The initial phase of the project will begin immediately and will include Saks Fifth Avenue full line stores and include men's and women's private brand merchandise.
Said Bill Franks, Saks' executive vice president and CIO: "At Saks Incorporated, we are very focused on carefully managing our inventories and on improving inventory turnover and gross margins. The implementation of the Spotlight system is intended to enhance our ability to clear merchandise more efficiently so that we may better achieve these objectives."
The Spotlight Markdown Optimizer applies mathematical algorithms to sales, inventory, and other operating data in order to optimise, manage and recommend markdowns. The software also determines the optimal timing, depth, and location of markdowns enabling increases in gross margins.
With annual revenues exceeding $6 billion, Saks Incorporated operates its Saks Department Store Group with 41 Parisian specialty department stores and 203 traditional department stores under the names of Proffitt's, McRae's, Younkers, Herberger's, Carson Pirie Scott, Bergner's, and Boston Store. The company also operates Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, which consists of 62 Saks Fifth Avenue stores, 51 Saks Off 5th stores, and Saks Direct.
Companies: Saks Incorporated
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Saks Fifth Avenue Enterprises, a division of large-scale retailer Saks Incorporated, has announced plans to expand its existing 47,000 square foot Saks Fifth Avenue store in the Waterside Shops in Nap...
Department store operator Saks Inc is to close its private-label apparel business in order to focus on higher-priced designer brands....
Footwear retailer McRae Industries Inc has closed its acquisition of certain assets of boot maker Texas Boot Inc....
US retail group Saks Inc says it is carrying out a more intensive investigation than initially planned into vendor payments at its Saks Fifth Avenue division....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The growing importance of Russia and the Middle East as major markets for UK fashion and accessories was highlighted at last week's presentation in London of the 2004 UK Fashion Export Awards, with Mu...
US retailer Saks Inc, which last week announced the sacking of three senior executives in connection with illicit markdowns, is being sued by a former licensee for the Oscar de la Renta brand for impr...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report