US: Saks to use Oracle technology platform
Retailer Saks has chosen to implement a range of Oracle IT applications, in an effort to integrate the company’s business operations and improve profitability across all channels.
The plan is to establish a flexible IT platform to provide finance, HR, merchandising, commerce and store operations teams with real-time, mobile access to sales, inventory and performance data.
The retailer will use Oracle Retail Merchandise Operations and Management and Oracle Retail Planning and Optimisation solutions to improve performance by identifying emerging trends across commerce, store and mobile channels.
The company will also use the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 in a bid to transform global financial and human resources platforms.
“Oracle provides us with a modern technology platform on which we can support our omni-channel approach to the business and build a next-generation retail environment,” said Michael Rodgers, chief information and operations officer for Saks.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
US footwear and apparel company The Jones Group has appointed Kathy Nedorostek to the newly-created position of group president of global footwear and accessories....
US department store operator Saks has announced it will officially open its distribution and fulfilment facility in LaVergne, Tennessee on 7 September. ...
Retail group Saks posted a second quarter net loss of US$12.3m after being impacted by exceptional items, but saw its underlying losses also widen in comparison with last year....
Sycamore Partners has completed the acquisition of troubled women's wear chain The Talbots and appointed a new executive management team. ...
Perry Ellis International subsidiary PEI Licensing has signed a license agreement with The Kersheh Group division Vayola to design, manufacture and distribute Laundry by Shelli Segal branded sleepwear...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape