US: Saks to use Oracle technology platform
Retailer Saks has chosen to implement a range of Oracle IT applications, in an effort to integrate the company’s business operations and improve profitability across all channels.
The plan is to establish a flexible IT platform to provide finance, HR, merchandising, commerce and store operations teams with real-time, mobile access to sales, inventory and performance data.
The retailer will use Oracle Retail Merchandise Operations and Management and Oracle Retail Planning and Optimisation solutions to improve performance by identifying emerging trends across commerce, store and mobile channels.
The company will also use the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 in a bid to transform global financial and human resources platforms.
“Oracle provides us with a modern technology platform on which we can support our omni-channel approach to the business and build a next-generation retail environment,” said Michael Rodgers, chief information and operations officer for Saks.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
US footwear and apparel company The Jones Group has appointed Kathy Nedorostek to the newly-created position of group president of global footwear and accessories....
US department store operator Saks has announced it will officially open its distribution and fulfilment facility in LaVergne, Tennessee on 7 September. ...
Retail group Saks posted a second quarter net loss of US$12.3m after being impacted by exceptional items, but saw its underlying losses also widen in comparison with last year....
Sycamore Partners has completed the acquisition of troubled women's wear chain The Talbots and appointed a new executive management team. ...
Perry Ellis International subsidiary PEI Licensing has signed a license agreement with The Kersheh Group division Vayola to design, manufacture and distribute Laundry by Shelli Segal branded sleepwear...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019