US: Saks to use Oracle technology platform
Retailer Saks has chosen to implement a range of Oracle IT applications, in an effort to integrate the company’s business operations and improve profitability across all channels.
The plan is to establish a flexible IT platform to provide finance, HR, merchandising, commerce and store operations teams with real-time, mobile access to sales, inventory and performance data.
The retailer will use Oracle Retail Merchandise Operations and Management and Oracle Retail Planning and Optimisation solutions to improve performance by identifying emerging trends across commerce, store and mobile channels.
The company will also use the Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 in a bid to transform global financial and human resources platforms.
“Oracle provides us with a modern technology platform on which we can support our omni-channel approach to the business and build a next-generation retail environment,” said Michael Rodgers, chief information and operations officer for Saks.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
US footwear and apparel company The Jones Group has appointed Kathy Nedorostek to the newly-created position of group president of global footwear and accessories....
US department store operator Saks has announced it will officially open its distribution and fulfilment facility in LaVergne, Tennessee on 7 September. ...
Retail group Saks posted a second quarter net loss of US$12.3m after being impacted by exceptional items, but saw its underlying losses also widen in comparison with last year....
Sycamore Partners has completed the acquisition of troubled women's wear chain The Talbots and appointed a new executive management team. ...
Perry Ellis International subsidiary PEI Licensing has signed a license agreement with The Kersheh Group division Vayola to design, manufacture and distribute Laundry by Shelli Segal branded sleepwear...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead