US: Saks trials Cornell-Mayo mobile POS
Retailer Saks Fifth Avenue is trialling the Omniexpress mobile POS iPod application developed by POS software specialist Cornell-Mayo Associates.
The system, which includes remote wireless printing, means that sales staff can now do price inquiries on the sales floor, rather than having to visit a cash register, and can check customers out anywhere on the sales floor.
The retailer is also considering using the system to handle merchandise returns, which would free up stationary POS registers to handle purchases, reducing queues.
Saks is piloting the system at two Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th stores in New York and New Jersey, with four iPods in each store.
The company also plans to pilot in Saks Fifth Avenue stores later this month, before beginning the roll-out to additional Off 5th and Saks Fifth Avenue stores in the spring.
“Saks associates at the pilot stores have quickly adapted to the interface, since it is very similar to our conventional register-based POS application used in all Saks stores,” said Windell Manuel, SVP and CTO at Saks Fifth Avenue.
“In addition, our customers are impressed that Saks is using the latest technology, and they find that the experience is very personal.”
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results. ...
After the warmer weather and early Easter helped US apparel retailers to higher same-store sales in March, it was perhaps not surprising there would be a slowdown in April....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' April 2012 sales results....
Luxury women's fashion brand Alberto Makali has selected NGC's Global Enterprise Suite as an integrated solution for PLM and ERP to help support its global growth....
Online luxury retailer Bluefly has today (12 June) named former Saks Fifth Avenue and LVMH executive Scott Erdman as its new senior vice president of merchandising....
Luxury retailer Saks Incorporated today (15 May) said it made "solid progress" in its first quarter with a 13% jump in earnings, but added that slowing sales in areas like women's designer wear are we...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras