USA: Salant Corporation Names Harvey Mallis
Salant Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: SLNT.OB) today announced that it had hired Harvey H. Mallis as Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing in a restructuring of its Accessories Division. This is a new position for the organization and Mr. Mallis will oversee all neckwear, belt, and suspender lines for Salant, including its Perry Ellis product.Mr. Mallis is a 30 year veteran of the industry, twenty of which was with Salant in several senior capacities. His responsibilities with Salant now will be to continue the growth of the Company's current businesses, including the launch of the new Tallia brand, and to secure additional licensing opportunities.The position will report to Michael J. Setola, Chairman and CEO of the Company. Commenting on the new structure and Mr. Mallis, Mr. Setola stated: "This is an exciting time for our Company and having Harvey join us reconfirms our dedication to the continued growth of our Perry Ellis lines as well as other future businesses".Salant Corporation markets and distributes Perry Ellis menswear in the sportswear, accessories, pants and dress shirt categories. Its products are sold in major department and specialty stores. The Company employs more than 500 people in the United States and overseas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar