USA: Salant Corporation Names Manzer President of Perry Ellis Menswear and Announces Organizational Changes
Salant Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: SLNT.OB) recently announced the appointment of William O. ("Will") Manzer as President of the Company's Perry Ellis Menswear Division. Mr. Manzer has been with the Company since 1995 and had been the Executive Vice President of Merchandising. In this new capacity, he will direct Perry Ellis Menswear's two reorganized business groups comprised of the Portfolio Division and the Collection Division, as well as its Stores and Retail Services divisions. The position of President has been vacant since late 1998. Mr. Manzer will continue to report directly to Michael J. Setola, Chairman and CEO of Salant.The Company also announced that Larry Davis has joined the Company as Senior Vice President-Portfolio Sales. Mr. Davis comes from Claiborne Men's where he held the position of National Sales Manager. He will report to Mr. Manzer. This is a new position created to focus specifically on the main floor Portfolio businesses for Perry Ellis. Mr. Davis will have direct responsibility for the Portfolio Dress Shirt and Slack divisions.Commenting on the appointments and reorganization, Mr. Setola, stated: "The changes in our Company's sales and marketing structure will enable Salant and Perry Ellis Menswear to integrate future growth with a streamlined communications and planning process. As we continue to pursue new opportunities, we are fortunate to have the experience and expertise of Will Manzer, whose dedication and vision for the Perry Ellis brand will be the driving force in our retail and other strategic relationships."Salant Corporation markets and distributes Perry Ellis menswear in the sportswear, accessories, pants and dress shirt categories. Its products are sold in major department and specialty stores. The Company employs more than 500 people in the United States and overseas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack