USA: Salant Corporation Names Manzer President of Perry Ellis Menswear and Announces Organizational Changes
Salant Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: SLNT.OB) recently announced the appointment of William O. ("Will") Manzer as President of the Company's Perry Ellis Menswear Division. Mr. Manzer has been with the Company since 1995 and had been the Executive Vice President of Merchandising. In this new capacity, he will direct Perry Ellis Menswear's two reorganized business groups comprised of the Portfolio Division and the Collection Division, as well as its Stores and Retail Services divisions. The position of President has been vacant since late 1998. Mr. Manzer will continue to report directly to Michael J. Setola, Chairman and CEO of Salant.The Company also announced that Larry Davis has joined the Company as Senior Vice President-Portfolio Sales. Mr. Davis comes from Claiborne Men's where he held the position of National Sales Manager. He will report to Mr. Manzer. This is a new position created to focus specifically on the main floor Portfolio businesses for Perry Ellis. Mr. Davis will have direct responsibility for the Portfolio Dress Shirt and Slack divisions.Commenting on the appointments and reorganization, Mr. Setola, stated: "The changes in our Company's sales and marketing structure will enable Salant and Perry Ellis Menswear to integrate future growth with a streamlined communications and planning process. As we continue to pursue new opportunities, we are fortunate to have the experience and expertise of Will Manzer, whose dedication and vision for the Perry Ellis brand will be the driving force in our retail and other strategic relationships."Salant Corporation markets and distributes Perry Ellis menswear in the sportswear, accessories, pants and dress shirt categories. Its products are sold in major department and specialty stores. The Company employs more than 500 people in the United States and overseas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022