FRANCE: Sale of Dim Brand Apparel abandoned
Sun European Partners (SEP), an affiliate of private investment fund Sun Capital Partners, has abandoned the sale of Dim Brand Apparel (DBA), a Paris-based spokesperson for SEP confirmed to just-style.
DBA, whose portfolio includes lingerie, hosiery and underwear brands Dim, Playtex and Wonderbra, was put on the market in June last year.
"SEP considers that the offers received do not reflect the value nor the strong potential of DBA, and for this reason has decided to suspend the sale process," the
Attention will now turn to SEP and DBA's management preparing the future strategy of the company "which remains a leading player on the textiles market despite the difficult economic climate."
The spokesperson could not confirm media reports that the asking price had been US$600m.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores