UK: Sales Are Up At John Lewis
Department store, John Lewis, is reporting an increase in sales with figures up by around 6.1 per cent on last year. But the store, whose slogan is "Never Knowingly Undersold", says it could still do better and it is investing time and energy in improving its performance in the run-up to Christmas. Top seller is hard furnishings, which includes beds, computers, televisions and white goods, which were up by around 7.4 per cent, followed by fashion at around 5.2 per cent. A spokesman said: "We are working hard and getting ready for the pre-Christmas rush. There are a lot of things to take into account, including price deflation. "There are retailers doing better than us and there are those who are doing worse. We are doing OK, but we would like to do better." The John Lewis Partnership currently operates 25 department stores in and near major towns and cities across the UK from Aberdeen to Southampton and from Bristol to Norwich.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar