USA: Sales Of Stores Hits Saks' Income
The sale of some stores to the May Department Stores Company has hit Saks who have reported a 54 per cent fall in net income for the fourth quarter. For the period ended February 3, Saks, Birmingham, Ala., said net income was $55.3m, compared with $120.5m in the year-earlier period. Saks' year-end inventories came to $1.52bn, a 2.3 per cent increase over the year before due to investment in new stores and the launch of saks.com.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores