HONG KONG: Salvatore Ferragamo lifts stake in SE Asia venture
Italian luxury footwear, fashion and leather goods firm Salvatore Ferragamo has raised its stake in a distribution joint venture with Hong Kong-based Trinity as it continues to expand in South East Asia.
Ferragamo has acquired an additional 30% stake from Trinity Luxury Brands Holdings Ltd and Ferrinch - both wholly-owned subsidiaries of Trinity - for US$25.5m.
The move means the Italian firm now has an 80% stake in the four companies involved in the transaction: Ferragamo Korea, Ferragamo Malaysia, Ferragamo Singapore and Ferragamo Thailand.
The deal also sets out a new five-year contract that runs until 31 December 2017.
Salvatore Ferragamo also has an option to acquire the remaining 20% stake it doesn't already own at a price based on the net depreciated asset value of the four companies.
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- BHS lacks relevance as it files for administration
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Aeropostale delisted from New York Stock Exchange
- US Q1 in brief: Carter's, Columbia Sportswear, Ske