HONG KONG: Salvatore Ferragamo lifts stake in SE Asia venture
Italian luxury footwear, fashion and leather goods firm Salvatore Ferragamo has raised its stake in a distribution joint venture with Hong Kong-based Trinity as it continues to expand in South East Asia.
Ferragamo has acquired an additional 30% stake from Trinity Luxury Brands Holdings Ltd and Ferrinch - both wholly-owned subsidiaries of Trinity - for US$25.5m.
The move means the Italian firm now has an 80% stake in the four companies involved in the transaction: Ferragamo Korea, Ferragamo Malaysia, Ferragamo Singapore and Ferragamo Thailand.
The deal also sets out a new five-year contract that runs until 31 December 2017.
Salvatore Ferragamo also has an option to acquire the remaining 20% stake it doesn't already own at a price based on the net depreciated asset value of the four companies.
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- China textile and garment firms eyeing Morocco?
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening
- Hanesbrands eyes 600 job cuts in restructure