HONG KONG: Salvatore Ferragamo lifts stake in SE Asia venture
Italian luxury footwear, fashion and leather goods firm Salvatore Ferragamo has raised its stake in a distribution joint venture with Hong Kong-based Trinity as it continues to expand in South East Asia.
Ferragamo has acquired an additional 30% stake from Trinity Luxury Brands Holdings Ltd and Ferrinch - both wholly-owned subsidiaries of Trinity - for US$25.5m.
The move means the Italian firm now has an 80% stake in the four companies involved in the transaction: Ferragamo Korea, Ferragamo Malaysia, Ferragamo Singapore and Ferragamo Thailand.
The deal also sets out a new five-year contract that runs until 31 December 2017.
Salvatore Ferragamo also has an option to acquire the remaining 20% stake it doesn't already own at a price based on the net depreciated asset value of the four companies.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies