CHINA: Salvatore Ferragamo raises stake in Chinese distribution JVs
Salvatore Ferragamo has increased its stake in distribution firms operating in Greater China
Italian luxury footwear, fashion and leather goods group Salvatore Ferragamo has lifted its stake in distribution firms operating in Greater China as it looks to expand its presence in Asia.
The company has raised its stake in distribution joint ventures with Imaginex Holdings and Imaginex Overseas from 50% to 75%. Ferragamo has also renewed the agreements until 31 December 2019.
The news comes after Ferragamo boosted its stake in a distribution joint venture with Hong Kong-based Trinity last month.
The luxury fashion business saw its profits rise 8.1% in the first nine months of the year, helped by a double-digit hike in revenues.
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape