CHINA: Salvatore Ferragamo raises stake in Chinese distribution JVs
Salvatore Ferragamo has increased its stake in distribution firms operating in Greater China
Italian luxury footwear, fashion and leather goods group Salvatore Ferragamo has lifted its stake in distribution firms operating in Greater China as it looks to expand its presence in Asia.
The company has raised its stake in distribution joint ventures with Imaginex Holdings and Imaginex Overseas from 50% to 75%. Ferragamo has also renewed the agreements until 31 December 2019.
The news comes after Ferragamo boosted its stake in a distribution joint venture with Hong Kong-based Trinity last month.
The luxury fashion business saw its profits rise 8.1% in the first nine months of the year, helped by a double-digit hike in revenues.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Vietnam factories face fire safety challenge
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Wage theft of migrants in Thai apparel industry
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade
- Vietnam “promise” for Italy textile machinery