US: Salzburger named VF International president
Karl Heinz Salzburger has been promoted to the position of corporate vice president and president of VF International, and named as a member of VF Corporation's operating committee.
Previously president of VF EMEA and Asia, Salzburger will continue to be responsible for the company's brands in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific after his promotion takes effect on 4 January.
"Karl Heinz has demonstrated exceptional leadership since joining VF in 2000, and has played a key role in driving strong top- and bottom-line growth in many important geographic markets," said Eric Wiseman, VF chairman and CEO.
"The promotion acknowledges his contributions and recognises the importance of our international growth plans in the years to come."
Apparel company VF Corporation admitted it would miss its full-year earnings projections after first quarter profits slumped 32.3% to US$100.9m....
Apparel group VF Corporation has acquired the remaining two-thirds of Mo Industries, owner of the Splendid and Ella Moss sportswear brands, for US$161m....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"