ITALY: Samha Group to end Benetton production
The 15 year licensing agreement between fashion retailer the Benetton Group and Syria's Samha Group has come to an end and will not be renewed.
Benetton says it manufacturing hubs are now consolidated in well-defined geographical areas which, due to logistical requirements, are centred on direct production and do not include the Middle East.
It will, however, continue to invest in Syria and distribute its apparel products through United Colors of Benetton stores.
Luciano Benetton, chairman of the Benetton Group, said he did not rule out the possibility of the two firms working together in the future.
Clothing company United Colors of Benetton saw net income fall over the first nine-months of the year, after being hurt by sales declines in Europe and rising input costs....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024