ITALY: Samha Group to end Benetton production
The 15 year licensing agreement between fashion retailer the Benetton Group and Syria's Samha Group has come to an end and will not be renewed.
Benetton says it manufacturing hubs are now consolidated in well-defined geographical areas which, due to logistical requirements, are centred on direct production and do not include the Middle East.
It will, however, continue to invest in Syria and distribute its apparel products through United Colors of Benetton stores.
Luciano Benetton, chairman of the Benetton Group, said he did not rule out the possibility of the two firms working together in the future.
Clothing company United Colors of Benetton saw net income fall over the first nine-months of the year, after being hurt by sales declines in Europe and rising input costs....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- New Tencel fibre based on cotton waste fabrics
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape