IRAN: Sanctions Suppress Silk Industry Growth
Management from Iran-based Silk Company blamed economic sanctions for the poor performance of the industry in world markets, Asia Pulse reported today. Mirza Ghafoor, MD of the company, said that Iran produces just one per cent of the world's output - 800 tons out of total outputs of 70,000 tons of silk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar