USA: SAP Adds New Features To Software Solution
Chief among these is the news that SAP Apparel and Footwear has been fully integrated into mySAP.com, the company's e-business platform. SAP Apparel and Footwear enables companies to do business via the Internet, and greatly increases the visibility of their supply chain and manufacturing operations. Web-based production confirmations allow even small manufacturing vendors around the world to quickly and efficiently update their production steps with the use of a web browser, ensuring instant visibility of data changes.
To ensure quality along the entire project cycle for apparel and footwear customers, SAP has also expanded the project review process into a formal Quality Assurance Program. This begins with an apparel and footwear solution review during the sales cycle to determine if the functionality of the industry solution meets the prospective client's business requirements. Once the implementation is started, further quality assurance review steps, such as business blueprinting and solution reviews, are conducted.
Looking ahead to the third quarter of 2001, SAP Apparel and Footwear will be fully equipped with a data warehouse solution, mySAP Business Intelligence. In addition, in the first quarter of 2002, apparel and footwear companies will be able to take advantage of SAP's advanced portals solution, specifically tailored to their industry and with industry-specific mini applications and roles designed to help increase work efficiency.
With over 60 SAP Apparel and Footwear projects run by 40 customers and their partners in over 17 countries throughout the world, the company will also be on hand at Bobbin World 2001 in Orlando, Florida from August 15-17.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts