USA: Sara Lee Direct Selects PurchasingNet-SQL Package
PurchasingNet, Inc (formerly American Tech, Inc) announced today that Sara Lee Direct, a division of Sara Lee specializing in direct sales of apparel in retail stores across the US, selected PurchasingNet-SQL for Oracle as its e-procurement solution. The installation, to be completed in four weeks, is the first installation of PurchasingNet-SQL interfacing with Oracle and will be used with AutoCAD as Sara Lee Direct plans and opens new retails outlets."This is an excellent example of ease of implementation of PurchasingNet-SQL for Oracle, and a proven implementation with our recently added Oracle interface which supplements the original MS SQL-Server version," said Tim McEneny, CEO and co-founder of PurchasingNet, Inc. "The Oracle interface enables us to provide PurchasingNet-SQL, the industry's most comprehensive e-Procurement solution for service and retail implementations, to the broad market of companies that have standardized on Oracle."A long-time PurchasingNet customer, Sara Lee Direct upgraded its existing procurement solution with the new PurchasingNet-SQL for Oracle version to further automate its purchasing system. For example, in addition to using PurchasingNet-SQL for its ongoing procurement needs, Sara Lee Direct can now interface with its AutoCAD system via Oracle to plan entire new store configurations and automate the purchase of its bill of materials, linking one more process while dramatically cutting time and materials costs.Sara Lee Direct uses PurchasingNet-SQL at its headquarters to service more than 300 retail outlets nationwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar