USA: Sara Lee Direct Selects PurchasingNet-SQL Package
PurchasingNet, Inc (formerly American Tech, Inc) announced today that Sara Lee Direct, a division of Sara Lee specializing in direct sales of apparel in retail stores across the US, selected PurchasingNet-SQL for Oracle as its e-procurement solution. The installation, to be completed in four weeks, is the first installation of PurchasingNet-SQL interfacing with Oracle and will be used with AutoCAD as Sara Lee Direct plans and opens new retails outlets."This is an excellent example of ease of implementation of PurchasingNet-SQL for Oracle, and a proven implementation with our recently added Oracle interface which supplements the original MS SQL-Server version," said Tim McEneny, CEO and co-founder of PurchasingNet, Inc. "The Oracle interface enables us to provide PurchasingNet-SQL, the industry's most comprehensive e-Procurement solution for service and retail implementations, to the broad market of companies that have standardized on Oracle."A long-time PurchasingNet customer, Sara Lee Direct upgraded its existing procurement solution with the new PurchasingNet-SQL for Oracle version to further automate its purchasing system. For example, in addition to using PurchasingNet-SQL for its ongoing procurement needs, Sara Lee Direct can now interface with its AutoCAD system via Oracle to plan entire new store configurations and automate the purchase of its bill of materials, linking one more process while dramatically cutting time and materials costs.Sara Lee Direct uses PurchasingNet-SQL at its headquarters to service more than 300 retail outlets nationwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack