USA: Sara Lee Hopes To Sell European Apparel By July
The new president and chief executive of Sara Lee Corp on Wednesday said the consumer goods giant hoped to sell its European clothing business by the end of fiscal year 2005, which ends July.
Earlier this month the Chicago company unveiled plans to reorganise into a tightly focused food, beverage and household products company.
As well as putting its European apparel business on the block, Sara Lee is pursuing a spin-off of its $4.6 billion Branded Apparel Americas/Asia business, which includes such brands as Hanes underwear, Bali and Playtex bras and Champion activewear.
This is likely to be completed by the first quarter of fiscal 2007 the company said.
Brenda Barnes, speaking to reporters following a presentation at the Consumer Analyst Group of New York conference, said there had been a lot of interest for the assets it has put up for sale.
Sara Lee's sweeping overhaul will result in the divestiture of businesses accounting for 40 per cent of its sales.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Food and consumer products group Sara Lee Corp is axing 775 jobs from its Branded Apparel business as it prepares to turn the division into a publicly held company....
VF Corporation owned denim brand, Lee, has seen growth of about 30 per cent in India, with sales rising from US$18 million (Rs780 million) in 2003 to over US$23 million (Rs1 billion) in 2004....
Jeans wear company Lee Cooper Group Limited and its affiliated companies have been acquired by Sun Capital Partners Inc's affiliate and two unrelated equity sponsors....
Intimate apparel manufacturer Sara Lee Branded Apparel has introduced an integrated mix of retail and supply chain software at its Lovable division in Italy to enhance the smooth running of its new re...
Value retail chain Matalan Plc has confirmed that it will sell its Lee Cooper brand to private equity firm Emerisque Capital for £30 million, and has reported a 31 per cent hike in full-year underlyin...
Manufacturing giant Sara Lee Corp's branded apparel unit plans to axe 350 jobs from the division that makes Champion sportswear and intimate apparel under the Bali, Playtex, L'eggs and Wonderbra brand...
US retail group Sara Lee Corporation has named Frank van Oers as a vice president of the corporation, with immediate effect....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective