USA: Sara Lee Plans $236m Pensions Contribution
Sara Lee Corp, the US's biggest apparel manufacturer, is to put around $236 million into the company's pension plans in the fiscal year ended 3 July 2005, compared with $112m in the last fiscal year.
The company, which is headquartered in Chicago, said its proposed contribution was $1.54 billion higher than previously planned.
Sara Lee retails under brands including Hanes, Playtex and Wonderbra, and recently launched an Indian branch of operations.
Companies: VF Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Food and consumer products group Sara Lee Corp is axing 775 jobs from its Branded Apparel business as it prepares to turn the division into a publicly held company....
VF Corporation owned denim brand, Lee, has seen growth of about 30 per cent in India, with sales rising from US$18 million (Rs780 million) in 2003 to over US$23 million (Rs1 billion) in 2004....
Jeans wear company Lee Cooper Group Limited and its affiliated companies have been acquired by Sun Capital Partners Inc's affiliate and two unrelated equity sponsors....
Intimate apparel manufacturer Sara Lee Branded Apparel has introduced an integrated mix of retail and supply chain software at its Lovable division in Italy to enhance the smooth running of its new re...
Value retail chain Matalan Plc has confirmed that it will sell its Lee Cooper brand to private equity firm Emerisque Capital for £30 million, and has reported a 31 per cent hike in full-year underlyin...
Manufacturing giant Sara Lee Corp's branded apparel unit plans to axe 350 jobs from the division that makes Champion sportswear and intimate apparel under the Bali, Playtex, L'eggs and Wonderbra brand...
US retail group Sara Lee Corporation has named Frank van Oers as a vice president of the corporation, with immediate effect....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022