USA: Sara Lee Q1 Sales Hit $4.5bn On Strong Intimates
Playtex bra maker and apparel giant Sara Lee Corp on Thursday posted a 42 per cent year-on-year jump in first quarter earnings per share on the back of a strong performance from its intimates underwear business. The Chicago-based consumer goods goliath said earnings per share soared to 37 cents from 26 cents in the quarter with sales up seven per cent to $4.5 billion from $4.2bn in the year-ago period, with operating income up 25 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020