UK: SATRA Boosts Chemical Test Facilities
SATRA has spent £50,000 on increasing its laboratory space to cope with growing demand for testing safety products ― particularly for resistance to penetration by a range of gases or liquids. As a result, the research organization now boasts one of the most comprehensive testing services in Europe for the CE marking of gloves and suits worn in chemical environments. As part of this refurbishment, two existing laboratories at its Safety Products Centre in Kettering have been amalgamated to form one large conditioned laboratory (23˚C; 50% humidity). Another has also been constructed and a state-of-the-art fume extractor fitted to enable hazardous gases, such as chlorine and ammonia, to be used in assessing protective clothing and gloves.The additional laboratory (20˚C; 65% humidity) is now equipped to test high visibility and waterproof clothing, and incorporates other tests such as burst strength and durability testing."This extension puts SATRA in the forefront of chemical testing," says Austin Simmons, head of SATRA Safety Products Centre. "We can now test against a far more extensive range of chemicals and offer even faster turnaround times for results."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022