UK: SATRA Boosts Chemical Test Facilities
SATRA has spent £50,000 on increasing its laboratory space to cope with growing demand for testing safety products ― particularly for resistance to penetration by a range of gases or liquids. As a result, the research organization now boasts one of the most comprehensive testing services in Europe for the CE marking of gloves and suits worn in chemical environments. As part of this refurbishment, two existing laboratories at its Safety Products Centre in Kettering have been amalgamated to form one large conditioned laboratory (23˚C; 50% humidity). Another has also been constructed and a state-of-the-art fume extractor fitted to enable hazardous gases, such as chlorine and ammonia, to be used in assessing protective clothing and gloves.The additional laboratory (20˚C; 65% humidity) is now equipped to test high visibility and waterproof clothing, and incorporates other tests such as burst strength and durability testing."This extension puts SATRA in the forefront of chemical testing," says Austin Simmons, head of SATRA Safety Products Centre. "We can now test against a far more extensive range of chemicals and offer even faster turnaround times for results."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020