UK: SATRA Boosts Chemical Test Facilities
SATRA has spent £50,000 on increasing its laboratory space to cope with growing demand for testing safety products ― particularly for resistance to penetration by a range of gases or liquids. As a result, the research organization now boasts one of the most comprehensive testing services in Europe for the CE marking of gloves and suits worn in chemical environments. As part of this refurbishment, two existing laboratories at its Safety Products Centre in Kettering have been amalgamated to form one large conditioned laboratory (23˚C; 50% humidity). Another has also been constructed and a state-of-the-art fume extractor fitted to enable hazardous gases, such as chlorine and ammonia, to be used in assessing protective clothing and gloves.The additional laboratory (20˚C; 65% humidity) is now equipped to test high visibility and waterproof clothing, and incorporates other tests such as burst strength and durability testing."This extension puts SATRA in the forefront of chemical testing," says Austin Simmons, head of SATRA Safety Products Centre. "We can now test against a far more extensive range of chemicals and offer even faster turnaround times for results."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022