UK: SATRA Expands Equipment Business With Hampden Buy
SATRA Technology Centre has purchased the share capital and business of Hampden Test Equipment Ltd, a private UK manufacturer of test equipment based in Northampton.
Hampden has worked with SATRA for many years and is a recognised supplier of hardness, resilience and abrasion test machines.
Announcing the deal, SATRA's chief executive Dr Ron Whittaker said that SATRA's Equipment Sales business had grown considerably in recent years, particularly in global markets. The acquisition of Hampden will assist that growth and provide an overall test equipment manufacture and sales business worth more than £2 million annually - considerably enlarging the range offered to the footwear industry.
Hampden will be run as a separate business under Stephen Andrew, manager of equipment sales.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar