UK: SATRA Takes A Stab At Body Armor
SATRA, the research organisation, is helping to develop new European standards for stab-resistant body armor. The company has made a new stab test rig that will measure the resistance of body armor."The wider implications for improved safety are clear," said SATRA's safety test expert David McKeown. "In addition to protecting police officers, this type of vest clothing is worn by nightclub staff and security guards as well as other workers who come into contact with the public such as hospital employees."Several manufacturers have already submitted pre-production samples for test at SATRA's Safety Products Centre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022