UK: SATRA Takes A Stab At Body Armor
SATRA, the research organisation, is helping to develop new European standards for stab-resistant body armor. The company has made a new stab test rig that will measure the resistance of body armor."The wider implications for improved safety are clear," said SATRA's safety test expert David McKeown. "In addition to protecting police officers, this type of vest clothing is worn by nightclub staff and security guards as well as other workers who come into contact with the public such as hospital employees."Several manufacturers have already submitted pre-production samples for test at SATRA's Safety Products Centre.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"