UK: SATRA Takes A Stab At Body Armor
The company has made a new stab test rig that will measure the resistance of body armor.
"The wider implications for improved safety are clear," said SATRA's safety test expert David McKeown. "In addition to protecting police officers, this type of vest clothing is worn by nightclub staff and security guards as well as other workers who come into contact with the public such as hospital employees."
Several manufacturers have already submitted pre-production samples for test at SATRA's Safety Products Centre.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar