MALAYSIA: Saucony Plans Malaysian Sales Boost
The company will rely on its local sales agent, Royal Sporting House, to build the brand and target sales of its technical running shoes.
Ryan Ang, Royal Sporting House's assistant manager for advertising and promotion, told the Malaysian Sun newspaper that the company would focus on twelve models that would be distributed to each of Saucony's outlets.
"Technically there are not many players in the market that specialise in running shoes, therefore it is much easier to target serious or active runners," he said.
Marion Jacob, Saucony's international sales and marketing manager said that advanced features like the ground reaction inertia device, the first sole-based stability and cushioning system, have provided an edge for athletes.
"There are a lot of good looking shoes in the market but when it comes to Saucony, it is the technology that comes first," she said.
Last month, the company announced that sales for the first quarter were down four per cent. Net income was $1.3m or $0.22 per share on a diluted basis, compared to $3.2m, or $0.50 per share on a diluted basis, for the same period in 2000.
John H. Fisher, president and CEO, said: "Fiscal 2001 will be a year of re-focus, re-building and reorganisation. We believe that Saucony remains a powerful brand with significant potential and we are dedicated to maximising the opportunities that lie ahead."
US footwear producer Stride Rite has announced changes at the top of its Saucony and Keds brands, effective immediately....
Performance running shoe maker Stride Rite had a 4% decreased net income for financial year 2005 but net sales for the fourth quarter were up 13% compared to 2004 at US$131.7m....
Third quarter profit at footwear maker Stride Rite Corporation rose 24 per cent to $7.7 million or $.21 per diluted share, reflecting the strength of its brands such as Keds and Sperry Top-Sider....
The Stride Rite Corporation has completed the acquisition of Saucony Inc for approximately $170 million in cash....
Shareholders of athletic footwear company Saucony Inc are being recommended by investor advisory firm Institutional Shareholder Services Inc to vote for the proposed acquisition of Saucony by footwear...
Fairview Capital Investment Management LLC, beneficial owner of 2.6 per cent of shares outstanding of footwear group Saucony Inc, says it plans to vote against the proposal to sell Saucony to Stride R...
Children's shoe company The Stride Rite Corporation has agreed a definitive deal to acquire running-shoes company Saucony Inc for approximately $170 million....
Athletic shoe company Saucony Inc reported a net income fall for the first quarter of 2006, affected by challenges with business in the mall-based retail channel....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020