SWITZERLAND: Saurer AG Reports Fall In Orders, Sales
The divestment of one of its units has led to a drop in nine-month orders at textile machinery maker Saurer AG to €1.33 billion, from €1.37bn.
Sales in the same period fell to €1.14bn from €1.27bn.
Both figures fell short of forecasts, which had predicted €1.35bn for orders and €1.20bn for sales.
However, the company reiterated that it expects an improved net profit for the year.
In 2003, Saurer reported a net profile of €47m, on sales of €1.75bn.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report