SWITZERLAND: Schoeller, Ciba To Expand 3XDRY
Schoeller Technologies AG and Ciba Specialty Chemicals AG are to undertake a joint branding, sales and marketing programme to promote the 3XDRY 'Feelgood' finishing technology.
Ciba Specialty Chemicals will manage product sales and quality control worldwide for the multifunctional moisture management system developed by Schoeller.
Schoeller Technologies AG, founded in 2004 as a subsidiary of the Swiss market leader Schoeller Textil AG, will be responsible for branding, marketing and patent matters.
3XDRY is used primarily for business wear, sportswear, leisurewear and workwear by manufacturers such as Alberto, Brax, Dockers, Globus, Daniel Hechter, Mammut, Timberland, Vaude or workfashion.com.
The technology is currently being applied in Switzerland, Turkey, India, China and Taiwan.
According to Hans-Jürgen Hübner, CEO of Schoeller Technologies AG, Ciba's representation in 120 countries was among the decisive factors for the new cooperation.
"Our finishing technology has developed very successfully and is increasingly entering markets and regions which lie outside of our own target segment," he explains.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Nitches has entered a licensing partnership with the Levi Strauss & Co brand Dockers for men's swimwear, graphic t-shirts and casual knit tops. ...
Casual clothing brand Dockers is soon to launch onto the Argentine market, Latin America News Digest reported....
Casual Male Retail Group Inc is launching its big and tall men's apparel on retail giant Sears' e-commerce site sears.com under a long-term agreement....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has appointed Robert Skinner Jr as its chief executive officer in addition to his current position of president and director....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss and Co is relaunching its Dockers brand in the Indian market with 'never-iron' 100 per cent cotton trousers....
Footwear retailer Genesco Inc said first-quarter results "significantly exceeded plan", driven by better-than-expected performances at Journeys, Hat World, Underground Station and Johnston & Murphy....
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has named Michael Saunders as its chief information officer....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report