UK: SDC And OCCA Join Forces
UK textile associations, the Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC) and the Oil & Colour Chemists' Association (OCCA), have joined forces to advance the common long-term objectives of their organisations.The memorandum of understanding signed by the SDC and OCCA recognises the synergies that exist between the two bodies in furthering mutual objectives. The SDC and OCCA will remain independent entities however.Peter Lockett, president of the SDC, said: "We are committed to working with OCCA to implement this memorandum. A number of projects have already been identified which will bring immediate benefits to both organisations. These include the joint organisation of symposia, publicity for regional events and a common approach to student membership.""We are also keen to promote Chartered Colourist status as the ultimate benchmark for anyone involved in the coloration and coatings sectors," he added.The president of the OCCA, Kevin O'Hare comments: "The partnership between OCCA and the SDC will significantly strengthen both organisations, providing long-term advantages and benefit to members and industry associated with both organisations."Combined membership is 5,100 and Members of both the SDC and OCCA will be able to participate in all activities of either organisation (excluding voting rights and legal obligations), with the respective presidents enjoying reciprocal complimentary membership. Suitably qualified members may also apply for reciprocal qualifications. The combined membership is approximately 5,100.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack