UK: SDC And OCCA Join Forces
The memorandum of understanding signed by the SDC and OCCA recognises the synergies that exist between the two bodies in furthering mutual objectives. The SDC and OCCA will remain independent entities however.
Peter Lockett, president of the SDC, said: "We are committed to working with OCCA to implement this memorandum. A number of projects have already been identified which will bring immediate benefits to both organisations. These include the joint organisation of symposia, publicity for regional events and a common approach to student membership."
"We are also keen to promote Chartered Colourist status as the ultimate benchmark for anyone involved in the coloration and coatings sectors," he added.
The president of the OCCA, Kevin O'Hare comments: "The partnership between OCCA and the SDC will significantly strengthen both organisations, providing long-term advantages and benefit to members and industry associated with both organisations."
Combined membership is 5,100 and Members of both the SDC and OCCA will be able to participate in all activities of either organisation (excluding voting rights and legal obligations), with the respective presidents enjoying reciprocal complimentary membership. Suitably qualified members may also apply for reciprocal qualifications. The combined membership is approximately 5,100.
About the SDC
Founded in 1884 and incorporated by Royal Charter, the SDC has long been recognised as an international centre of excellence and a world leader in advancing the science of colour. A registered charity with over 2,400 members, it provides educational qualifications, ongoing training and technological and scientific expertise, plus a complete range of technical and scientific products designed to support best practice throughout the coloration industry.
About the OCCA
OCCA, founded in 1918, is also a learned society and registered charity comprising some 2,700 members employed in, or associated with, the worldwide surface coatings industries.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
SDC Enterprises, the Bradford-based manufacturer of test materials, is introducing a security thread woven into the selvedge of its Multifibre DW Adjacent Fabric in a bid to protect customer and consu...
A new standard for communication between colour computers has been developed by the Colour Measurement Committee of the Society of Dyers and Colourists working in partnership with the National Physica...
A set of electronic distance learning modules to help people working in the field of colour enhance their skills and knowledge has been launched by the Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC)....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective