UK: SDC Names Glover President
Glover, a visiting professor and senior teaching fellow at the University of Leeds' School of Design, succeeds Chris Sargeant in the role.
Since graduating from the University of Leeds in 1969, Glover has served in a variety of industry positions including managing director of Dundee Textiles Ltd and co-editor of Dyes and Pigements Journal.
He was also the colourist responsible for the invention and development of alkali clearable disperse dyes, which are still used in polyester and cellulose blends.
"Colour is universal, and as the colouration industry that serves it becomes increasingly global in nature, I aim to ensure that (SDC) reflects this dimension and remains responsive and relevant," Glover said of his plans for the role.
SDC is based in Bradford, England.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
SDC Enterprises, the Bradford-based manufacturer of test materials, is introducing a security thread woven into the selvedge of its Multifibre DW Adjacent Fabric in a bid to protect customer and consu...
A new standard for communication between colour computers has been developed by the Colour Measurement Committee of the Society of Dyers and Colourists working in partnership with the National Physica...
A set of electronic distance learning modules to help people working in the field of colour enhance their skills and knowledge has been launched by the Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC)....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022