US: Sears and Kmart to launch Bongo brand
Starting fall 2010, Bongo apparel and other lifestyle-related categories will be available in Sears and Kmart Stores in the US.
It marks the company's nineteenth direct-to-retail license agreement and its third direct-to-retail deal with Sears Holdings.
Iconix has enlisted Audrina Patridge of MTV to star in its Fall 2010 marketing campaign for the Sears launch.
Yehuda Shmidman, executive vice president of operations at Iconix, said: "We have experienced the strength and success of working with Sears Holdings with our Joe Boxer and Cannon brands and we are excited to work with John Goodman and his team to roll out Bongo at both Kmart and Sears."
Sears and Kmart will be the exclusive US retailers to distribute the new line of Bongo brand products.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' August 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Retail group Sears Holdings has announced changes at senior executive level to its retail and apparel operations....
Consumer goods business Iconix Brand Group has agreed a licensing deal for its Mossimo brand in India with wholesaler, retailer and distributor Arvind....
Clothing maker VF Corporation is to buy the bankrupt upscale denim brand Rock and Republic, acquiring the company's trademarks and intellectual-property rights....
Madonna and Iconix Brand Group has entered into its first international partnership with Hudson's Bay Company (HBC or the 'Bay') to manufacture and distribute its junior brand of 'Material Girl'....
US retailer Sears has widened its third quarter loss, citing lower sales of apparel....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020