CANADA: Sears Canada in denim deal with Buffalo International
Sears Canada has entered a strategic alliance with Buffalo International to design and manufacture Sears' line of Nevada denim-based apparel.
"As we focus on improving our merchandise offering, we are exploring relationships with best-in-class designers to help us improve the fashionability and salability of our key brands, and Buffalo represents that elevated level of product in the denim-casual category," said Sears Canada president and CEO Calvin McDonald.
"The 25-45 age range is a key segment for us to reach as we continue our transformation journey to become relevant to more Canadians coast to coast, and we expect that Buffalo's design and sourcing capability will help us attract these customers more successfully."
"Working with successful designers and organizations who can provide immediate credibility and continuity to our brands and services is a strategy we will continue to implement. Relationships like these can bring more to Canadian families than individual efforts and significantly increase the role Sears plays in the everyday lives of our customers."
The lifestyle brand will cover men's and women's apparel and be available in Sears stores from autumn 2013.
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- US apparel prices continue to fall