CANADA: Sears Canada in denim deal with Buffalo International
Sears Canada has entered a strategic alliance with Buffalo International to design and manufacture Sears' line of Nevada denim-based apparel.
"As we focus on improving our merchandise offering, we are exploring relationships with best-in-class designers to help us improve the fashionability and salability of our key brands, and Buffalo represents that elevated level of product in the denim-casual category," said Sears Canada president and CEO Calvin McDonald.
"The 25-45 age range is a key segment for us to reach as we continue our transformation journey to become relevant to more Canadians coast to coast, and we expect that Buffalo's design and sourcing capability will help us attract these customers more successfully."
"Working with successful designers and organizations who can provide immediate credibility and continuity to our brands and services is a strategy we will continue to implement. Relationships like these can bring more to Canadian families than individual efforts and significantly increase the role Sears plays in the everyday lives of our customers."
The lifestyle brand will cover men's and women's apparel and be available in Sears stores from autumn 2013.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details