CANADA: Sears Canada in denim deal with Buffalo International
Sears Canada has entered a strategic alliance with Buffalo International to design and manufacture Sears' line of Nevada denim-based apparel.
"As we focus on improving our merchandise offering, we are exploring relationships with best-in-class designers to help us improve the fashionability and salability of our key brands, and Buffalo represents that elevated level of product in the denim-casual category," said Sears Canada president and CEO Calvin McDonald.
"The 25-45 age range is a key segment for us to reach as we continue our transformation journey to become relevant to more Canadians coast to coast, and we expect that Buffalo's design and sourcing capability will help us attract these customers more successfully."
"Working with successful designers and organizations who can provide immediate credibility and continuity to our brands and services is a strategy we will continue to implement. Relationships like these can bring more to Canadian families than individual efforts and significantly increase the role Sears plays in the everyday lives of our customers."
The lifestyle brand will cover men's and women's apparel and be available in Sears stores from autumn 2013.
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)