CANADA: Sears Canada in denim deal with Buffalo International
Sears Canada has entered a strategic alliance with Buffalo International to design and manufacture Sears' line of Nevada denim-based apparel.
"As we focus on improving our merchandise offering, we are exploring relationships with best-in-class designers to help us improve the fashionability and salability of our key brands, and Buffalo represents that elevated level of product in the denim-casual category," said Sears Canada president and CEO Calvin McDonald.
"The 25-45 age range is a key segment for us to reach as we continue our transformation journey to become relevant to more Canadians coast to coast, and we expect that Buffalo's design and sourcing capability will help us attract these customers more successfully."
"Working with successful designers and organizations who can provide immediate credibility and continuity to our brands and services is a strategy we will continue to implement. Relationships like these can bring more to Canadian families than individual efforts and significantly increase the role Sears plays in the everyday lives of our customers."
The lifestyle brand will cover men's and women's apparel and be available in Sears stores from autumn 2013.
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead