CANADA: Sears Canada in denim deal with Buffalo International
Sears Canada has entered a strategic alliance with Buffalo International to design and manufacture Sears' line of Nevada denim-based apparel.
"As we focus on improving our merchandise offering, we are exploring relationships with best-in-class designers to help us improve the fashionability and salability of our key brands, and Buffalo represents that elevated level of product in the denim-casual category," said Sears Canada president and CEO Calvin McDonald.
"The 25-45 age range is a key segment for us to reach as we continue our transformation journey to become relevant to more Canadians coast to coast, and we expect that Buffalo's design and sourcing capability will help us attract these customers more successfully."
"Working with successful designers and organizations who can provide immediate credibility and continuity to our brands and services is a strategy we will continue to implement. Relationships like these can bring more to Canadian families than individual efforts and significantly increase the role Sears plays in the everyday lives of our customers."
The lifestyle brand will cover men's and women's apparel and be available in Sears stores from autumn 2013.
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- Inditex renews global trade union agreement
- UK apparel market realising real benefits of RFID