CANADA: Sears Canada in footwear deal with Aldo
Retailer Sears Canada is ramping up its private labels after agreeing a new strategic alliance with the Aldo Group to design, manufacturer and supply Sears' line of Nevada, Attitude and Jessica branded footwear.
The labels will cover men's and women's footwear and will be available at Sears stores in Canada and through its direct formats from autumn 2013.
"We are continuing to implement our strategy of working with successful designers and organisations that can provide immediate credibility and continuity to our brands and services," said Sears Canada president and CEO Calvin McDonald.
"The Aldo Group is considered an industry leader for fashion design and manufacturing capability; those strengths coupled with our distribution capacity and multi-format customer touch points, will bring Canadians outstanding value in the most fashionable footwear at prices Sears customers expect."
While David Bensadoun, president of Aldo Global Retail & Aldo Product Services, said: "The combination of our footwear expertise and Sears impressive retail network will create value for the consumer."
The news comes after Sears Canada yesterday (17 January) entered into a relationship with Buffalo International to design and manufacture its Nevada denim-based apparel.
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey