CANADA: Sears Canada in footwear deal with Aldo
Retailer Sears Canada is ramping up its private labels after agreeing a new strategic alliance with the Aldo Group to design, manufacturer and supply Sears' line of Nevada, Attitude and Jessica branded footwear.
The labels will cover men's and women's footwear and will be available at Sears stores in Canada and through its direct formats from autumn 2013.
"We are continuing to implement our strategy of working with successful designers and organisations that can provide immediate credibility and continuity to our brands and services," said Sears Canada president and CEO Calvin McDonald.
"The Aldo Group is considered an industry leader for fashion design and manufacturing capability; those strengths coupled with our distribution capacity and multi-format customer touch points, will bring Canadians outstanding value in the most fashionable footwear at prices Sears customers expect."
While David Bensadoun, president of Aldo Global Retail & Aldo Product Services, said: "The combination of our footwear expertise and Sears impressive retail network will create value for the consumer."
The news comes after Sears Canada yesterday (17 January) entered into a relationship with Buffalo International to design and manufacture its Nevada denim-based apparel.
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- China textile and garment firms eyeing Morocco?
- Traceable label offers textile transparency
- Benetton $1.6m Rana Plaza payment “insufficient”
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Dickies debuts body heat mapping tech workwear