CANADA: Sears Canada in footwear deal with Aldo
Retailer Sears Canada is ramping up its private labels after agreeing a new strategic alliance with the Aldo Group to design, manufacturer and supply Sears' line of Nevada, Attitude and Jessica branded footwear.
The labels will cover men's and women's footwear and will be available at Sears stores in Canada and through its direct formats from autumn 2013.
"We are continuing to implement our strategy of working with successful designers and organisations that can provide immediate credibility and continuity to our brands and services," said Sears Canada president and CEO Calvin McDonald.
"The Aldo Group is considered an industry leader for fashion design and manufacturing capability; those strengths coupled with our distribution capacity and multi-format customer touch points, will bring Canadians outstanding value in the most fashionable footwear at prices Sears customers expect."
While David Bensadoun, president of Aldo Global Retail & Aldo Product Services, said: "The combination of our footwear expertise and Sears impressive retail network will create value for the consumer."
The news comes after Sears Canada yesterday (17 January) entered into a relationship with Buffalo International to design and manufacture its Nevada denim-based apparel.
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam