CANADA: Sears Canada Profit Up 50 Per Cent, Sales Flat
Sales, however, were just 0.6 per cent higher, to C$1.59 billion from C$1.58 billion, mainly because of the late summer. Same-store sales fell 3 per cent during the quarter.
For the first six months, sales fell to C$2.998 billion from C$3.012 billion in the year-ago period.
Mark Cohen, chief executive officer, told analysts the company was taking a conservative outlook on clothing sales, adding: "We're unclear about what course the economy will take."
Sears Canada was hit in the first quarter by weak sales and restructuring costs from rebranding the 19-strong Eatons department store chain. Twelve stores have now been converted to the Sears name and the rebranding of the remaining seven should be finished by August.
Companies: Sears Holdings Corporation
When retailers go off-track, they end up trying to follow the evolution of consumer tastes, trends and spending. By the time they understand what their shopper is about, she's moved on to the next bes...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Retail group Sears has expanded its contract with fulfilment and integration solutions company CommerceHub. ...
Retail group Sears Holdings has appointed Lisa Schultz to the new position of executive vice president of the company's apparel design....
Retail group Sears Holdings has named a team of new executives and has announced the departure of president and chief merchant Luis Padilla....
Multi-channel retailer Sears Canada is recalling two lines of children's outfits due to a potential choking hazard....
Casual Male Retail Group Inc is launching its big and tall men's apparel on retail giant Sears' e-commerce site sears.com under a long-term agreement....
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020