CANADA: Sears Canada Releases October Revenues
period last year.
Full-line store sales increased 5.0 per cent, however same store sales for full-line stores decreased 1.7 per cent. Catalogue sales decreased by 4.3 per cent. Off-mall sales increased 19.7 per cent. Same store sales for off-mall stores decreased by 4.5 per cent.
Commenting on October sales, Paul Walters, chairman and CEO said: "The sales trend for October was significantly below our expectations. We continued to experience soft revenues in our big-ticket business for the third consecutive month, impacting growth in both our full-line and off-mall formats. Despite the weakness in our big-ticket business, we continue to gain significant market share in major appliances, particularly in the month of October. Our apparel business performed at high single digit growth in our full-line store channel, despite sluggish sales in winter related merchandise."
Companies: Sears Holdings Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
When retailers go off-track, they end up trying to follow the evolution of consumer tastes, trends and spending. By the time they understand what their shopper is about, she's moved on to the next bes...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Retail group Sears has expanded its contract with fulfilment and integration solutions company CommerceHub. ...
Retail group Sears Holdings has appointed Lisa Schultz to the new position of executive vice president of the company's apparel design....
Retail group Sears Holdings has named a team of new executives and has announced the departure of president and chief merchant Luis Padilla....
Multi-channel retailer Sears Canada is recalling two lines of children's outfits due to a potential choking hazard....
Casual Male Retail Group Inc is launching its big and tall men's apparel on retail giant Sears' e-commerce site sears.com under a long-term agreement....
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack