CANADA: Sears Canada Releases October Revenues
Sears Canada's total revenues for the four week period ending October 29, 2000 increased 3.8 per cent to $577m from $555.9m for the same period last year.Full-line store sales increased 5.0 per cent, however same store sales for full-line stores decreased 1.7 per cent. Catalogue sales decreased by 4.3 per cent. Off-mall sales increased 19.7 per cent. Same store sales for off-mall stores decreased by 4.5 per cent.Commenting on October sales, Paul Walters, chairman and CEO said: "The sales trend for October was significantly below our expectations. We continued to experience soft revenues in our big-ticket business for the third consecutive month, impacting growth in both our full-line and off-mall formats. Despite the weakness in our big-ticket business, we continue to gain significant market share in major appliances, particularly in the month of October. Our apparel business performed at high single digit growth in our full-line store channel, despite sluggish sales in winter related merchandise."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022