CANADA: Sears Canada Says Q3 Profit Dropped 60%
Third-quarter profits at Sears Canada dropped nearly 60 per cent as the department store retailer continued to convert and close its Eatons outlets.
Net earnings were $7.3 million compared with $17.9 million, while revenue for the 13 weeks ended 28 September fell 6.4 per cent to $1.48 billion, down from $1.58 billion a year earlier.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"